It’s your money

November 15, 2011

In the wake of the October Nor’easter there are many questions consumers need answers

    • What does your insurance policy cover?
    • What if a tree falls on my house, on my neighbor’s house?
    • Can I be reimbursed for food I had to throw out because I lost power?
    • Can I be reimbursed for hotel costs because I couldn’t stay in my home?

Please contact the State Insurance Department for guidance.

By phone: 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900


Can I get credit from my cable company? Phone company? Internet provider?

  • Call Comcast at 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
  • Contact Cox Communications at 860-436-4269 or
    [email protected]
  • Charter Communications at 1-888-438-2427
    1. Just let the company know how long you were without service.
    2. When you reach an operator, ask to speak to the RETENTION
      representative, explain the circumstances of your lost service and demand
      the reduction.
    3. If you run into further problems, please call my office at 1-800-842-1421.
    4. If you call me after hours, leave your name and phone number on the voice
      mail and the company you are trying to get a credit from and I will follow
      up on your behalf.