Sen. Hwang Urges Public to Join Him in “David vs. Goliath” FightMarch 10, 2017
Seeking to Prevent Gambling Expansion, Future Casino in Fairfield County
Sen. Tony Hwang on Mar. 9 said that if legislation to expand gambling in Connecticut passes, a casino somewhere in Fairfield County could one day be reality.
“At the State Capitol, I am trying to prevent that from happening,” Hwang said. “This is a David vs. Goliath fight. The forces that want expanded gambling are extremely powerful, but I am proud to say that the following groups are joining me in the fight:
- Connecticut Catholic Conference
- Connecticut Conference of the United Church of Christ
- Episcopal Church in Connecticut
- Connecticut League of Women Voters
- Family Institute of Connecticut
- New England Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church of America
- Connecticut Association for Human Services
- Council of Churches of Greater Bridgeport
- Advocacy Unlimited, Inc.
- Farmington Valley American Muslim Center
- Resident Bishop New England Conference of the United Methodist Church
- American Baptist Churches of Connecticut
“Anyone who does not want to see more people’s lives ruined by expanded Connecticut gambling can make their voices heard at the State Capitol,” Hwang said. “Let state lawmakers know how you feel, and do so today.”
Hwang said the public may do the following:
- Send an email to: PStestimony@cga.ct.gov (the email may be as brief as you like)
- copy me at Tony.Hwang@cga.ct.gov and include your name and town
- put “No More Casinos!” in the Subject Line
- share this information with anyone who does not want to see more people’s lives ruined by expanded CT gambling!
*Sen. Hwang represents Easton, Fairfield, Newtown, Weston and Westport . On the web: www.SenatorHwang.com and www.NoMoreCasinosInCT.org .