Join us in our David vs. Goliath fight!March 9, 2017
Make no mistake: if legislation to expand gambling in Connecticut passes, a casino somewhere in Fairfield County could one day be our reality.
At the State Capitol, I am trying to prevent that from happening.
This is a David vs. Goliath fight.
The forces that want expanded gambling are extremely powerful, but I am proud to say that the following groups are joining me in the fight:
- Connecticut Catholic Conference
- Connecticut Conference of the United Church of Christ
- Episcopal Church in Connecticut
- Connecticut League of Women Voters
- Family Institute of Connecticut
- New England Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church of America
- Connecticut Association for Human Services
- Council of Churches of Greater Bridgeport
- Advocacy Unlimited, Inc.
- Farmington Valley American Muslim Center
- Resident Bishop New England Conference of the United Methodist Church
- American Baptist Churches of Connecticut
Will you join us and make your voice heard? Here’s how:
- Send an email to: PStestimony@cga.ct.gov (the email may be as brief as you like)
- copy me at Tony.Hwang@cga.ct.gov and include your name and town
- put “No More Casinos!” in the Subject Line
- share this information with anyone who does not want to see more people’s lives ruined by expanded CT gambling!